Thursday, September 26, 2013

Dialogue Journals

In order to differentiate I have to know each one of my students individually.  In order to know each one of my students I have to effectively communicate with them.  Communication is very important in classrooms and all other life settings. One suggestion that the text book, Fulfilling the Promise of the Differentiated Classroom, gave was to use dialogue journals.  The teacher can have the students write specific things in their dialogue journal. Students also have the opportunity to write what they want in the journal.  The teacher can then read the journal and respond to the student's insights, questions, and thoughts. As I was reading about dialogue journals I had an Ah Ha moment.  My blog is a dialogue journal!

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right! I need to be more regular about "dialoguing" with you! Dialogue journals are wonderful ways to get to know your students. 3 pts.

    ReplyDelete