Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Peer Blogs

I read a few posts on some of my peers' blogs about differentiation. It was interesting to see what stood out to different people from the readings for our class.  Brittany mentioned in her blog that she is excited to use learning menus.  When I read through the toolbox strategies I thought that learning menus would be fun to do too.  It will be fun to learn more about them and use them in my future classroom.  Brittany also discussed learning environments and how it is the teacher's responsibility to create a positive learning environment in the classroom.  Differentiating for our students can make our classrooms a learning environment that is welcoming, positive and secure for each one of our students.

Leah discussed how classroom work needs to be important, focused, engaging, demanding, and scaffolded.  Leah shared how her psychology teacher in high school wanted to make sure each one of her students succeeded.   She made the work important, focused, engaging, demanding, and she scaffolded the instruction.  Because of this, Leah can look back at the experiences as a good learning experience and remembers what she was taught.  I want my students to remember what they learn in my classroom.  The whole purpose of me teaching is so that my students can gain more knowledge.  I do not want them learning something just so they can pass a test and then forget about it.  I want to provide learning experiences that are important, focused, engaging, demanding, and scaffolded so my students can retain the information they gain in my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like this was a good, affirming experience for you! I hope everyone will find it to be that way! 3 pts.

    ReplyDelete